5 Reasons you need to be drinking more California Wine from Saucey App author Jordan Bishop, caught our eye so we had to share it. Spend life with friends… not in liquor stores. The article below is modified from its original post but it’s a quick read and will have you downloading the app on your phone and adding wine bottles to your shopping cart. And it’s delivered in 1 hour. (Read fine print on delivery times and zip codes) and of course you need to 21 years old. No exceptions.
“According to the Wine Institute, California is home to 2,843 wineries, 4,600 wine-grape growers, and grows more than 110 wine-grape varietals. We could boast the prowess and prestige of the Napa Valley Cabernet, or applaud the perfection of California’s Chardonnay grapes. Instead of going for the obvious reasons why West Coast wine is the best, we feel the following are even better arguments for our US wine beyond the flavors.
- The California wine industry supplies over 820,000 jobs in the United States, and only 330,000 of them are in California proper. In these trying economic times, we know the importance of buying from and supporting local small businesses and the wine industry is certainly no exception.
- The California wine community has the most widely adopted green wine-making and growing practice in the world. Sustainable wine-growing guides California’s growers and vintners in producing wine in an environmentally friendly and socially responsible manner that benefits families, communities, wildlife, the soils, air, and water that make the region’s wines so iconic.
- About 40% of wine is being exported to other countries. The stronger our California industry gets, the more diverse the wine trade in general will become.
- Flaws that once existed in wines all over the world are now very rare. The highly trained winemakers of California discovered how to prevent these imperfections, and other winemakers followed suit. In terms of fundamental quality, California wines are among the most reliable in the world and this lends to the ability to create wines that taste the same across all bottles of a particular vintage.
- Supporting California Wineries also supports the fine arts. More than 100 California wineries feature art galleries or fine art museums; 65 wineries feature restaurants; and 118 offer wine and food pairings. So when you open up a bottle of California wine, you ensure that not only your money contributes to American jobs and communities, but you’re also keeping artistic endeavors healthy and flourishing.
Luxe Tip: Sorry OC for now, Serving LA and SD. They not only deliver the beer, wine, liquor but you can add ice, mixers and fresh limes to your shopping cart.
Facebook: Saucey App