Katie of Ever After Honeymoons books custom honeymoons to fabulous destinations all around the world. “My clients tend to visit really exotic exciting locations. Often times they will visit more than one place and frequently combine multiple locations, beach, city, and an adventure hot spot.” EAH produces detailed itineraries that accommodates everything the couples desire and automatically becomes VIP status with extra perks and amenities that comes along as an EAH client. “Where are the most common destinations your clients celebrate their honeymoon?” She loves recommending places she has personally visited and formed fond memories. Recognized by Travel Channel 2 years in a row as a Honeymoon Expert, Katie shares with Love Luxe Life readers her top 5 for 2015!
1. Italy- Year after year, Italy is the most popular place for my clients to celebrate their honeymoon. Italy is such a classic romantic destination, with so many beautiful places to explore. Italy has some of the most famous cities in the world Rome, Florence, and Venice. Some couples will opt to bypass the cities completely, focusing on the more relaxing destinations of Lake Como, Tuscany, and the Amalfi Coast. With history, incredible restaurants, great shopping, beautiful scenery, charming small towns, and excellent wine regions, Italy makes a fabulous honeymoon spot! For the ultimate romantic honeymoon hotels in the Amalfi Coast, check into Palazzo Avino in Ravello and then Le Sirenuse in Positano.
2. French Polynesia- Another popular request is staying in an overwater bungalow! After all of the hectic time leading up to a wedding, many couples seek a completely relaxing, remote location for their honeymoon. Sometimes limited wifi is a good thing. Staying in a hut where you can jump right into bright blue water right outside your bedroom door is positively dreamy! For the more adventurous couple wanting, they can snorkel right from the beach, hop on jet skis to ride around the main island, and even swim with sharks! Check into the Four Seasons Bora Bora for the ultimate luxe honeymoon.
3. St Barths- For couples wanting an island destination, that isn’t too far from home, but still offers unique culture, St Barths is absolutely fabulous! This French owned island is just 5 square miles, but offers an incredible amount of must dos and must sees, whether it’s private surf lessons or scuba diving or simply strolling along their gorgeous beaches. The quaint and characteristic towns offer excellent shopping, incredible restaurants, and fun beach bars with spectacular nightlife. There is such an extravagant European feeling to the island with plenty of special boutique hotels to choose from. For a private hideaway, tuck into Le Toiny. If you want a chic stay in the middle of the action, Eden Rock is your spot!
4. Indonesia- An incredibly hot destination right now, with many gorgeous hotels opening up. I absolutely love Indonesia as a honeymoon location because in addition to their great beaches and luxury hotels with private pool villas, it is a country with plenty of culture, great food, open air markets, with adventure activities including riding elephants! Start in Bali with a few days on the beach, and then head into the cultural center of Bali to Ubud. Then hop over to nearby Sumba Island and stay at Nihiwatu. This island is really remote and completely untouched, with the most warm service and beautiful décor. This is such a special authentic experience unlike any hotel in the world, in the best possible way! In Bali, I love the Bulgari Resort in Uluwatu or a close second is the Nihiwatu on Sumba Island.
5. Australia- Last but not least, another great spot for couples looking for a variety of experiences on their honeymoon. Head down under for stunning beaches, wildlife encounters, excellent food and wine, and a bit of Aussie culture. Get up close to wild kangaroos, visit the famous Whitehaven Beach taste wines directly from the barrel as Australia produces some of the best wines in the world. The iconic Sydney Opera House is an absolute bucket list task. Regardless of your interests, Australia has something for everyone! For great access to the reef, check into Qualia on Hamilton Island. If you want to experience adventure and wildlife while still being spoiled with luxury accommodations, Southern Ocean Lodge is the place to be.
Luxe Tip: Although listed as top honeymoon spots, consider any of these locations for a milestone celebration or a special anniversary get away. Katie can assist booking luxe vacations any where in the world. Hello@everafterhoneymoons.com
Written by: Katie Frederick Jacobson, Ever After Honeymoons
Facebook: Ever After Honeymoons